Mobile Rock and Gem Society Annual Show
Join our Annual Show Mailing List...HERE.
Thanksgiving weekend (Friday-Sunday) each year. Fun for the whole family!
- 40+ exhibits of gems, specimens, fossils, and lapidary art.
- 30+ dealers presenting gems, jewelry, minerals, fossils, and more.
- Live demonstrations of lapidary arts, featuring cabbing, wire wrapping, faceting, by club members.
- Flint knapping with live demonstrations.
- Fluorescent Mineral Display.
- Hourly door prizes are awarded. (Must be present to win.)
- Raffle ticket prize drawings ($1.00 per chance) to win bigger prizes.
- The University of South Alabama, The University of Mobile, and Bishop State Community College are represented.
- A membership booth where you can talk about the benefits of becoming a club member, and then apply!
- A sand pit where kids (and adults) can dig for treasures, and lots of other kids activities.
- A Gem Sleuce where you can mine for gem stones.
- Free parking.
- Food vendor on site.
At the Abba Shrine Center at 7701 Hitt Road in Mobile AL (36695). (map)
The doors will be open from 1:00-6:00 PM on Friday, from 9:00am-6:00pm on Saturday and from 10:00am-5:00pm on Sunday.
Admission is only $4.00 ($1.00 off with coupon) and children under 12 are FREE with an adult!
Check out the Blog / Photo Galleries of previous shows (Warning: Lots of pictures!)